NordSafety Privacy Statement
Effective as of September 26, 2017
NordSafety Oy, including its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively, “NordSafety”, “we” or “us”) respects the privacy of its customers, business partners and visitors to its Website (as defined below). This NordSafety Privacy Statement (“Privacy Statement”) describes the information that we collect, how we obtain the information, and how we may use or disclose that information. This Privacy Statement also describes the measures we take to protect the security of the information and how individuals can contact us about our privacy practices.
This Privacy Statement only covers our privacy practices with respect to the collection, use, and disclosure of information obtained: (i) through the NordSafety websites at www.NordSafety.com /.fi (“Website”); and (ii) in connection with the use of our hosted software applications (the “Subscription Service”) and related support services (“Support Services”), as well as expert services, including professional services, training and certification (the “Expert Services”) that we provide to Customers. In this Privacy Statement, the Subscription Service, Support Services and the Expert Services are collectively referred to as the “Service.”
For the purposes of this Privacy Statement:
“Customer” means any entity that subscribes to the Service.
“Customer Data” means the electronic data uploaded into the Subscription Service by or for Customer or its Users, or by or for the business partners of the Customer or their Users.
“Customer Admin Data” means the electronic data (e.g. contact information of the Customer’s representatives) uploaded into the Service by or for Customer its business partners or their Users for administration of the Service.
“Visitor” means a visitor of the Website.
“User” means an individual authorized by Customer to its business partner to access and use the Service.
More information about the processor – controller relationship can be found from our GDPR site:
3.1. How We Obtain Information
As further described below, we may collect several types of information from and about our Visitors.
a) Information you provide to us
- When you fill out forms on our Website we may collect personal information, including without limitation, name, mailing address, email address and telephone number.
- When you post material to our Website, participate in bulletin boards, chat rooms, blogs, comment threads, forums or other interactive features of our Website, register, or request further information or services from us.
- When you register to use a demo or developer instance of the Subscription Service.
- When you report a problem with our Website.
- When you contact us.
- When you complete our surveys.
- Other information you may submit to us related to your use of our Website.
b) Information from third parties
We may collect and use information we receive from third parties in connection with your use of the Website. For instance, we may use a third party for reporting and analytics to measure the effectiveness of our Website and marketing efforts, and to identify areas for improvement.
c) Information we collect as you navigate through the Website
As you navigate through the Website, we may also collect details about your visits to our Website including, but not limited to, your IP address, usage patterns, traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access, as well as information about your computer and internet connection, including your operating system and browser type.
3.2. Cookies and Other Forms of Automated Collection
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website.
- Speed up your searches.
- Authenticate your access to various areas of our Website.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
- Track when you respond to surveys.
3.3. How We Use Information Collected
We may use information that we collect about Visitors for the following purposes:
- To present our Website and their contents in a suitable and effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To diagnose and resolve technical problems with our Website.
- To improve our Website.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including without limitation, our General Terms and Conditions.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or obtain any required consent.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Website, when you choose to do so.
- For industry analysis, benchmarking, analytics, marketing, and other business purposes.
If you ask us to contact you about services that may be of interest to you, we may use your personal information or permit selected third parties to use your personal information to provide you with such services. Visitors may withdraw consent at a later time by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link located in the emails sent by us. For more information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
3.4. How We Share Information Collected
We may disclose personal information that you provide to us via the Website, to the following third parties:
- Our subsidiaries and affiliates (including those located outside the European Economic Area and Switzerland).
- Contractors, business partners and service providers we use to support our business or who provide services on our behalf.
- In the event of merger, acquisition, or any form of sale or transfer of some or all of our assets (including in the event of a reorganization, dissolution or liquidation), in which case personal information held by us about our Visitors will be among the assets transferred to the buyer or acquirer.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties to:
- Comply with any court order or other legal obligation.
- Enforce or apply the General Terms and Conditions or terms of any other agreement.
- Protect the rights, property, or safety of NordSafety or others.
We do not sell, rent or trade information collected through the Website with third parties for their promotional or other commercial purposes.
3.5. Public Forums and Blogs
You may be permitted to post, submit, contribute, publish, display, make available or transmit to others content or materials (collectively, “User Contributions” on or through the Website. Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to other users of the Website at your own risk. Please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
You understand and acknowledge that, even after removal, copies of your User Contributions may remain viewable in cached and archived pages, or might have been copied or stored by other Website users. Proper access and use of information provided on the Website, including User Contributions, is governed by our General Terms and Conditions and known or suspected violations should be reported to our Privacy Officer via e‑mail at email@example.com.
3.6. International Transfer of Data
We may store and process any information collected in connection with the Website in any country where we have facilities or in which we engage service providers. By using our Website, you consent to the collection, storage, transfer and processing of information outside of your country of residence, within the EU.
3.7. Communication Preferences and Choices
We provide certain choices regarding the information Visitors provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information when using our Website. If you do not wish to have your e‑mail address used for promotional purposes by us, you may withdraw consent at a later time by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link located in our emails.
3.9. Do Not Track
While we attempt to honor do not track (“DNT”) instructions we receive from a Visitor’s browser, we cannot guarantee that we will always respond to such signals, in part, because of the lack of common industry standard for DNT technology. We continue to monitor developments in DNT technology and stay apprised of DNT industry standards as they evolve.
You should review this Privacy Statement carefully, because if you do not agree with our practices, your ultimate choice is not to use the Website.
3.11. Accessing and Correcting Your Personal Information
You may send us an e‑mail at privacy@NordSafety.com to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us in connection with the Website. We will use reasonable efforts to respond to such requests for correction or updates to personal information.
4.1. How We Obtain Information
As described below, we may collect several types of information from about our Customers, including:
- General information, e.g. Customer’s company name and address, credit card information, and the Customer’s representative’s contact information (“General Information”) for technical, billing and contracting purposes.
- Information and correspondence our Customers and Users submit to us in connection with the Service.
- Information we receive from our business partners in connection with our Customers and Users use of the Service or in connection with services provided by our business partners on their behalf.
- Quantitative data derived from our Customers use of the Subscription Service, for example and without limitation, the number of messages transmitted in our Subscription Service. All data collected, used, and disclosed will be in aggregate form only and will not identify Customer or its Users.
- Server logs in support of the Subscription Service.
- Track session state in the Subscription Service.
- Route a browser request to a specific node when multiple nodes are assigned;
- Authenticate your access to the Subscription Service.
- Recognize you when you return to the Subscription Service.
Cookies must be enabled in order to use the Subscription Service. A User may however, refuse to accept the “remember me” cookie, which will then require a User to provide their username and password to log into the Subscription Service.
4.3. How We May Share Information Collected
We may disclose personal information that our Customers and Users provide to our Service, to the following third parties:
- Our subsidiaries and affiliates (including those located outside the European Economic Area).
- Contractors, business partners and service providers we use to support our Service and business partners who provide services on behalf of our Customers.
- In the event of merger, acquisition, or any form of sale or transfer of some or all of our assets (including in the event of a reorganization, dissolution or liquidation), in which case personal information held by us about our Customers will be among the assets transferred to the buyer or acquirer.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties to:
- Comply with any court order or other legal obligation.
- Enforce or apply the terms of the definitive agreement with our Customer pursuant to which the Customer purchased access to the Subscription Service (“Customer Agreement”).
- Protect our rights, property, or safety, or that of our Customers, Users or others.
We do not share, sell, rent or trade information collected through the Service with third parties for their promotional or other commercial purposes.
4.4. Customer Data
We may use Customer Data to provide the Service, including updating and maintaining the Subscription Service and providing Support and Expert Services. Notwithstanding anything else to the contrary in this Privacy Statement, we will not use, disclose, review, share, distribute, transfer or reference any Customer Data except as permitted in the Customer Agreement or as required by law.
4.5. Communication Preferences and Accessing and Correcting Your Personal Information
Since each Customer is in control of what information, including any personal information, it collects from its Users, how that information is used and disclosed, and how that information can be changed, Users of the Subscription Service must contact the applicable Customer administrator with any inquiries about how the Customer uses and discloses personal data and how to access or correct personal data contained in Customer Data.
5.1. International Transfers of Personal Data
The Service may be provided by using resources and servers located in various countries around the world. Therefore, your personal data may be transferred across international borders, including to countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA) that do not have laws providing specific protection for personal data or that have different legal rules on data protection, for example, the United States of America. We shall always ensure that there is a legal basis for such a transfer and that adequate protection for your personal data is provided as required by applicable law, for example, by using standard agreements approved by relevant authorities (where necessary) and by requiring the use of other appropriate technical and organizational information security measures
The locations of processing the Customer Data, that may contain your personal data, shall always be agreed upon between us and our Customer.
5.2. Mandatory disclosures
We may be obligated by mandatory law to disclose your personal data to certain authorities, for example, to law enforcement agencies in the countries where we operate. We may also disclose and otherwise process your personal data in accordance with applicable law to defend our legitimate interests, for example, in civil or criminal legal proceedings.
5.3. Security Statement
We maintain reasonable and appropriate measures to protect the personal data obtained through the Website and in connection with the Service from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
5.4. Third Party Websites and Applications
This Website may link to websites that are not owned or controlled by us. This Privacy Statement does not apply to information collected on any third‑party site or by any third‑party application that may link to or be accessible from the Website. In addition, Customers and other third parties, including our business partners and consultants, may develop applications or provide services to you or other third parties in connection with our Service. This Privacy Statement does not apply to information collected by Customers, our business partners and other third parties or third‑party applications or services.
5.5. Changes to Our Privacy Statement
We reserve the right to update or change this Privacy Statement from time to time. If we make material changes to this Privacy Statement, we will notify you through an appropriate online notice (and obtain your consent where required by applicable law). Your continued use of the Website or Service is deemed to be acceptance of any updates or changes we make to this Privacy Statement and as such, we ask that you review the Privacy Statement periodically for any updates or changes that we may have made.
5.6. Contact Information
To ask questions or comment about this Privacy Statement and our privacy practices or if you need to update, change or remove your information, contact us at: privacy@NordSafety.com.